Welcome to Mindfullness
A Community For Eating Disorder Recovery
Dr. Kristine Vazzano
The mission of Mindfullness is to assist individuals suffering from an eating disorder reach full recovery. Mindfullness offers online consultations, online community forums and educational training programs for community and professional groups. Dr. Vazzano offers individual, family, and group therapy as well as professional supervision at her private practice in Bloomfield Hills Michigan.
Time is running out to register for the Assessment & Integrated Treatment of Eating Disorders: Clinciain Training Series! The first session is scheduled for May 13 from 9-12 p.m.
Topics to be discussed include:
* New DSM criteria for Eating Disorder diagnosis
* Working with a treatment team
* Developing an integrated treatment plan
* Providing psychoeducation for clients
* Understanding resistance
Space is limited, contact Dr. Vazzano at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or learn more!
Current Blog Post
I just returned home from a the International Conference on Eating Disorders in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. WOW! What an amazing and stimulating conference. Sessions were jam packed with the latest in research, science, and treatment of eating disorders. Some of the highlights (in my opinion!)
* A great keynote by Dr. Brewerton addressing the similarities amongst diagnoses particularly traits of neuroticism and anxiety disorders
* Fantastic and cutting edge research looking at eating disordered behaviors from the U-SHAPE study (sponsored by the U of M and Center for Eating Disorders) which will change the way we intervene, educate, and treat college students!
* A fabulous plenary looking at the misdiagnosed and often misunderstood male population suffering from eating disorders
And finally, I was honored to be a part of a panel examining the use of technology in the treatment of eating disorders. More and more, we are learning how people rely on obtaining information from the Internet and are seeking resources to help them online. What types of resources would be beneficial for you?